WEarable Aereal Robots for Digital MINEsWEarable Aereal Robots for Digital MINEs
WeARDMine aims to demonstrate the use of Enhanced Autonomous Robots (UAVs) similar to the portable units used in the mining sector to increase performance in inspection processes, data acquisition and safety in various use cases..
Specific objectives and technological applications
WeARDMine project main ambition is to test the use of wearable-like enhanced autonomous robots (UAV) in the mining sector to increase the performance of the inspection process, data acquisition and safety in 4 main use cases:
- Inspection mission – facilitate the condition-based maintenance;
- Patrol mission, early risk detection.
- Communication network deployment in swarm mode and
- Early response in case of health or safety emergency.
This project has indirectly received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme, via an Open Call issued and executed under project MINE.THE.GAP.
Project's main objectives
ObjectivesWith one year Action, WeARDMine specific objectives are:
- To miniaturize and autonomize the existing UAV technology used by Hovering Solutions ensuring its modularity, autonomous functionalities and high usability;
- To maximize its application on 4 mining use cases;
- To raise knowledge and acceptance within mining sector by the demonstration of the solution in a real scenario.
ImpactWeARDMine will develop and test the solution, thus presenting a reliable and usable set of tools to inspect confined spaces in a mine (silos, shafts, etc.) reducing maintenance inefficiencies, avoiding accidents, and facilitating an early response in case of incidents/accidents.
Use CasesQuick Inspection missions The UAV should be able to perform quick inspection missions in a very easy and safe way, at operator request, more precisely:
- Quick visual inspection missions to check the status of an area within a 100 m range, sending images to the operator’s tablet.
- Quick inspections to check if an area is potentially dangerous checking non-visual parameters, e.g., gases.
- Easy to carry and easy to operate
- Non-disturbing navigation
- Risk detection & Intervention alarm